The US and global economies are poised to suffer from both recession and inflation. This situation can be scary for entrepreneurs who are already running or want to start a business.
Fortunately, there are ways to gain or maintain relevance, even in tough times like these days, including business planning and marketing strategies. This article will discuss the best tips you can implement to improve your website rankings and build a successful business.
How to create a foolproof business in a recession?
1) Have a business plan
As obvious as this advice may seem, every business needs a plan. It’s not smart to dive into an investment or startup idea without a plan.
To give you an idea, these are only a few Questions to ask yourself before starting a business:
- Who is my target audience? What do they need that I can provide for them?
- How many workers and departments do I need?
- Will my company outsource services such as IT or marketing?
- Do we distribute products? If so, what about supply chain and logistics?
- Will my company have a culture whose values my employees share?
2) Invest in marketing
This includes SEO – which stands for Search Engine Optimization, a marketing strategy that helps your website rank among the top results of search engines like Google.
When users make a query with specific keywords, your business site appears in the top results, which means more traffic, conversions and therefore revenue. It can help combat uncertain times, and it’s surefire.
You should always allocate part of your budget to the marketing department. Hype and consumer behavior are key to growing a business and building customer loyalty. A top online promotion for ecommerce business strategy will be a game changer.
3) Logistics is key
As your new business grows, you will face new challenges that you cannot face alone. This is when you need a decent logistics service, especially if your company delivers packages.
These are three main tasks that your logistics department will deal with on a daily basis:
- Product storage
- Packaging and order management
- Shipping, Complaints and Errors
4) Implement customer feedback
Many customers will leave and even join your competitors. Instead of taking it personally, ask them questions or think for yourself to find out what went wrong.
Work on improving your weakest points according to customer feedback. Maybe they don’t like the emails you send them, or maybe the packages don’t quite arrive on time. Receive their reviews and use them to improve!
Ecommerce SEO Optimization Tips to Implement Today
We strongly believe that eCommerce SEO is one of the best ways to boost your business. You can find case studies all over the internet proving that implementing keywords and building backlinks pays off.
SEO optimization can be tricky and technical, but here are three tips you can use right after reading this article – They will make a difference.
- Don’t use too many or too few links. It’s best to use 1-3 links when you want to sell something or redirect people to other pages on your website. The more outbound links the customer finds, the more confused and overwhelmed they will feel. This could cost you many conversions.
- Learn to use keywords. This means avoiding overusing them, learning how to place them in the right places (usually the first few paragraphs), learning how to research user queries and exploit them, etc.
- Break up the text and make it visual. People’s attention spans do not span long periods of time, and users prefer visual infographics and videos to embed information in their memory. When it comes to writing, don’t make paragraphs too long, and be sure to write relevant information on the left – that’s where the human eye looks the most!
In conclusion, apart from having a solid business plan, SEO strategies and online promotion for e-commerce businesses are the best way to build a bulletproof business in times of crisis. This helps your business stay afloat and build an audience in the niche.
Alexia is the author of Research Snipers and covers all tech news including Google, Apple, Android, Xiaomi, Huawei, Samsung News, and more.