FRAMINGHAM – The Framingham Police Service is advertising for a business leader.
The position “performs highly responsible professional work; provides financial and budget analyzes for various projects. Performs responsible payroll, accounts payable, invoicing, monitors grants and trust fund accounts for law enforcement,” according to the job posting on the city’s website March 8. .
The salary for the full-time position is $72,090.
▪ Analyzes data and assists administrators in cost analysis.
▪ Updates budget information and generates staff action forms to process applicable increments and allowances granted under various employee contracts.
▪ Oversees weekly police and fire department payrolls.
▪ Monitor department finances and expenses.
▪ Maintains data in Smartsheet software.
▪ Assists the Grants Coordinator in providing grant related expenses.
▪ Provide quarterly budget update presentations to administration.
▪ Maintains the department’s weekly payroll. Reconciles payroll records with department employees and city payroll coordinator.
▪ Updates files for next year’s budget and updates budget in MUNIS and OpenGov system.
▪ Processes Accounts Payable invoice batches for operating and capital budget expenditures. ▪ Generate requisitions
▪ Maintain Law Enforcement Trust Fund accounting and verify compliance with Law Enforcement Trust Fund regulations.
▪ Maintain and generate daily deposits of revenue collected from the police department and other sources.
▪ Assists Chief of Police in preparing information for City Council, CFO, Mayor’s Office and Finance Sub-Committee.
▪ Ensures the daily processing and monitoring of financial information.
▪ Maintains inventory records of police department equipment.
▪ Performs similar or related work as required, directed or the situation.
Recommended minimum qualifications: Education, training and experience: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred; three to five (3-5) years of relevant experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Must be able to pass departmental background check.
Knowledge of the principles and techniques of financial analysis and budgetary control in the municipal environment. Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures. Knowledge of office procedures, accounting, payroll, accounts payable, procurement and purchasing. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and MUNIS.
The work is carried out under the direct supervision of the general manager.
The employee has access to confidential information obtained in the performance of the usual responsibilities of the position in accordance with the State Public Records Act, such as official personnel records, lawsuits, customer records, and records of service. Must be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Work is performed under typical office conditions; the noise level is moderately loud.
The City of Framingham is committed to continuously pursuing strategic diversity initiatives that help position diversity, equity and inclusion at the heart of municipal and community excellence in the City of Framingham.