Business & Economy
Want to learn how to write a business plan? Do you have a great idea for a business but don’t know how to get the financing you need? Looking to gain access to amazing mentors? Prepare yourself (and prepare your team) by entering the 2023 Panasci Business Plan Competition. With over $40,000 in cash prizes, this competition is a great opportunity to compete for seed funding for your business or your idea.
The 2023 competition will take place on April 14. The Panasci Business Plan Competition, held at Syracuse University’s Whitman School of Management, is a campus-wide student event made possible by longtime Whitman supporter, the late Henry A. Panasci , founder of Fay’s Drugs.
The competition gives college entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, improve their business strategies, and learn what it takes to launch successful businesses. The Panasci Competition is open to all Syracuse University students. Applicants will write and submit a business plan for the chance to qualify for the final on April 14, 2023 at The Whitman School.
- December 2, 2022, 7-8 p.m.: First information session, questions and answers to learn more about the competition and hear from the former winning teams. Join the December 2 information session on Zoom.
- Jan. 30, 2023, 7-8 p.m.: Second information session, Q&A to learn more about the contest and hear from past winning teams. Join the January 30 information session on Zoom.
- January 31, 2023, midnight: Submission of expression of interest due – not mandatory to compete but useful to stay up to date on the competition.
- 18-19 Feb. 2023: Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises 458—Business Plan Laboratory weekend course offered to learn how to write a business plan (1 credit). It’s not a prerequisite for being competitive, but useful for writing a better business plan. For more information about the course, email Professor of Entrepreneurial Practice Ken Walsleben at [email protected]
- March 26, 2023: Deadline to submit business plan compete.
- April 14, 2023: Panasci Business Plan Competition, Whitman School of Management.